Martig was sacked twice and the Seahawks were forced to punt

Jaké nové služby vám nabízíme a jaké chystáme. A také náměty od vás, co bychom mohli zlepšit.

Martig was sacked twice and the Seahawks were forced to punt

Příspěvekod elvafeng » pon 16. říj 2017 3:06:04

The Cabrillo College football team has hit some major bumps this season.

The Seahawks hit another one Saturday night, losing 34 13 to Monterey Peninsula College in the teams’ American Conference Golden Coast Division game at Carl Conelly Stadium.

The Seahawks just couldn’t get anything going when they needed to. The offense was shutout in the second half, while the defense gave up three touchdowns in the third quarter that allowed the Lobos to take over the game.

Cabrillo starting quarterback Nick Martig completed 26 of 40 attempts with 292 yards and two touchdowns.

“Guys were playing hard, they did a good job this week at practice, they were focused. They came out hard,” Arbet said. “You got to give Monterey some credit the second half. Coach Rasmussen made some adjustments and made some plays on us.”

Arbet said Cabrillo is still a young team and MPC figured out where to go and made some plays. Including 20 unanwered points in the second half.

MPC also kept blitzing seven players throughout the game and Arbet said they were expecting it but the offense couldn’t pick up the correct reads. Arbet also credits the Lobos secondary for doing its job of covering Cabrillo’s receivers.

“They were bringing more than we were blocking https://www.seahawksseastore.com/custom ... -c-91.html,” Arbet said.

Martig was sacked six times for a loss of 30 yards.

On a positive note Russell Wilson Jersey, Arbet said Martig did a great job of not forcing throws and taking the sack when he needed to. Martig has been plagued with interceptions and fumbles this season but managed not to turn the ball over once against MPC.

MPC running back Akili Jones finished with 66 yards on 13 carries and two touchdowns, including a 26 yard run in the second quarter.

“I was just focusing on my o line https://www.seahawksseastore.com/quinto ... -c-90.html, making sure they did what they had to do,” Jones said. “I couldn’t have done anything without them. Going into today’s game I was just praying to god, making sure he kept my team safe and come out with a victory.”

The offensive line also helped quarterback Hunter Raquet run for 128 yards on 14 carries and a touchdown. He also completed 11 of 16 attempts for 181 yards and a touchdown.

“I thought the game was won in the trenches, both sides of the ball,” MPC coach Mike Rasmussen said. “The defensive line, the offensive line. I thought that was really the key. Hunter Raquet played well but really it was a lot about the guys up front.”

The Lobos scored first when quarterback Hunter Raquet ran into the end zone from a yard out to take an early 7 0 lead. Cabrillo answered right back when Martig completed a 14 yard pass to Casey Hamilton to tie it at 7 all.

Terrence Smith picked up a first down to get things started, followed by another first down when Martig found Carl Pigner for a 14 yard pickup. Martig then connected with Pigner again, this time for a 22 yard touchdown near the end of the second quarter. But Kai Haruyama missed the extra point and the Seahawks still trailed by a point, 14 13.

It seemed like Cabrillo had the momentum shifting its way, especially after the special teams’ unit was able to pin down the Lobos on their own 1 yard line just before halftime. Raquet fumbled the ball on the very first snap but was able to recover it on time.

Two plays later, the Lobos decided to run the clock out and regroup.

“I think both teams played real well https://www.seahawksseastore.com/darreu ... y-c-1.html,” Rasmussen said. “I think Cabrillo played hard. We went back and forth. We made some mistakes with penalties but we got to fix them and had a good second half.”

Rasmussen must have had one heck of a halftime speech because the Lobos came out on fire in the third.

First, it was the defense doing its part by stopping Cabrillo on its https://www.seahawksseastore.com/russel ... y-c-3.html opening possession to start the half. Martig was sacked twice and the Seahawks were forced to punt the ball away.

MPC capitalized when Jones scored his second touchdown of the night to make it 21 13. And it didn’t take long for the Lobos to strike again as Raquet found Matteo D’Alfonso for a 35 yard score.

Kainoa Ferreira connected with Isaiah Kearney for a 36 yard touchdown pass to extend the Lobos lead to 34 13.

“After halftime we went in the locker room and were just feeling like ‘We can’t let off the gas pedal,’” Jones said. “A lot of teams go into halftime thinking they’re up and can just relax but we just had to apply the pressure and maintain our aggressiveness and maintain our togetherness.”

Terrence Smith had 102 yards on 21 carries, while Entebbe Bates caught a game high seven receptions for 83 yards for Cabrillo. Travis Schuhe had a team high 15 tackles for the Seahawks 1 5, 0 2 , who will try to bounce back when they play at Hartnell on Saturday at 6 p.m.

“We’re going to pick the good things out of this film and watch it and we’re going to get better,” Arbet said. “We got another game to play. That’s why they’re here, to play football. Let’s go see what happens.”
elvafeng

Zpět na FAYN novinky a náměty