kept them off balance when we went with our tight end set

Dotazy k možnostem služby, telefonním číslům, kreditu, fakturaci a podobně.

kept them off balance when we went with our tight end set

Příspěvekod elvafeng » pon 16. říj 2017 3:08:30

One junior and one senior each made one big play for Hillsdale in a one point Homecoming game victory Friday night.

Junior Garrett Smith and senior Trace Stiltner combined for a pair of standout defensive plays in the game’s final moments as the Falcons held on to a 28 27 victory over visiting Chippewa.

The win now leaves the Falcons at 6 2 overall and 3 2 in the Wayne County Athletic league, while the Chipps fall to 3 5, 2 3.

With Chippewa driving for a potential go ahead score with under 2 00 left in the game, Smith dropped Chippewa running back Tre Petty for a 10 yard loss before Stiltner ended the comeback effort with an interception. Those pair of defensive efforts were made just in time as the Chipps dominated the second half in both time of possession and total yards.

“The big play was when Garrett made the tackle behind the line of scrimmage and that forces them into long yardage,” said Hillsdale coach Tom Williams. “We just couldn’t get them behind the chains the entire second half. They were consistently in third and 3 or third and 4 and then they were converting them. But even when it was third and long, they seemed to convert them, too.”

Smith got the home team on the scoreboard first with an 11 yard touchdown run. But the PAT was missed and the Falcons led 6 0 at the 9 25 mark of the first quarter.

Jake Zollinger’s 2 yard run and PAT gave the advantage back to the Chipps with 8 50 left in the half. Trey Williams would hit Stiltner on a post corner route 5 07 and Stiltner dashed in around right end for the 2 point conversion and Hillsdale was up 14 7. Petty bulled in from a yard out with 1 22 left before intermission and the teams were knotted at 14 apiece.

A James Hugland 24 yard dash re gained the lead for the Chipps and the 7 point lead. Williams found Josh Vinsack from 25 yards out to tie the game at 21 21 before Vinsack made the first of his two big plays on the evening.

After the Falcon defense forced a punt, Stiltner scooped the ball up at his own 43 and raced down the left sideline 57 yards to the house. Vinsack then connected on the PAT and the Falcons led 28 27 with 2 19 left in the third quarter.

“I knew I had that half of the field by myself and I just took off,” Stiltner said. “I saw the punter and thankfully I broke that tackle.”

With 8 03 left in the game https://www.falconsatljersey.com/deante ... -c-78.html, Petty again found the end zone from 4 yards out, but the PAT was wide left and the Falcons held onto the 1 point margin and the wild win.

For Chippewa coach Mike Bohley it was a solid effort , but his team came up a little short.

“I thought we made some great halftime adjustments,” he said. “Defensively I thought we did a great job. They have some athletes over there. They make you work for everything you get. Twenty seven points may be the most points we have put on them in five years.”

The lack of a second half offense fell on one key component according to Williams.

“We didn’t have the ball Trevor Robinson Jersey much in the second half,” said Williams. “Sometimes that is how the games go. Stiltner has had a really good year for us and a great game tonight.”

With the Chipps possessing the ball for much of the second half, along with the huge punt return, Hillsdale managed only one first down the second half after rolling up 10 in the first 24 minutes. Chippewa had 5 first downs at the half, but rang up 12 more in the second half.

Chippewa had the advantage in both rushing yards and passing yards, finishing with 158 yards on the ground and 179 more in the air. The Falcons ended with 81 yards rushing on 27 attempts and 121 yards passing.

Williams like the balanced attack his offense had early in the game.

“Especially in the first half we felt we had some good things going running wise and were pretty pleased https://www.falconsatljersey.com/derric ... -c-79.html,” he said. “We connected on some nice passes and had some nice runs and one big play called back. In the second half we just didn’t get on the field. I don’t know how many plays we ran, but it couldn’t have been very many.”

DECIDING FACTOR

Stiltner’s 57 yard punt return for a touchdown with 2 19 left in the third quarter gave Hillsdale the lead for good on a night where the offense struggled for much of the second half.

THEY SAID IT

“It was awesome to see him Stiltner be aggressive on that punt return https://www.falconsatljersey.com/courtn ... -c-80.html, because boy he was aggressive on that one catching it on the run.” – Hillsdale coach Tom Williams.

“Our guys up front are beasts. They don’t get enough credit. I honestly think we have the best line in the league.” – Hillsdale running back Trace Stiltner.

“I thought we kept them off balance when we went with our tight end set. We really piece worked the offense together well tonight.” – Chippewa coach Mike Bohley

GAME BALLS

Trace Stiltner, Hillsdale One receiving touchdown, https://www.falconsatljersey.com/trevor ... -c-63.html one punt return for a touchdown and the game clinching interception.

Garrett Smith, Hillsdale Carried the ball 18 times for 92 yards, including a touchdown on the Falcons’ opening drive.

Cole Thompson, Chippewa Quarterback completed 18 of 26 passes for 179 yards.

UP NEXT

Hillsdale travels to Dalton. Chippewa hosts Northwestern.
elvafeng

Zpět na Vše o službě